Choosing a Mattress Topper
Mattress pads or toppers are soft bedding on top of mattress that is usually used in giving comfort and convenience during your sleep. Many have chosen such toppers as they are affordable than having a new mattress. It is also easy to transport which will not cost you any expense. There are few things to regard in buying the right foam mattress pad. Find out for further details right here http://www.sleepridiculouslywell.com/.
1. Mattress toppers have different sizes just like bed sheets, beds and covers. Usually, it comes in sizes like twin size, California size, King or Queen sizes. Even though there are specific names for every size, there are still companies whose measurements have slight difference, thus, it is suggested that you measure on your own the length and width of the mattress which you will put a topper on it. In such a way, you will be assured that it will fit perfectly in your mattress. Learn more about mattress toppers, go here.
2. The thickness of mattress ranges from one to four inches. For an inch or two, it brings a comforting feeling when sleeping whilst three to four inches may aid increase the texture and touch of your bed. In most cases, people choose the latter as it provides the best comforting sleeping experience but with those who have lower budget they prefer the two-inch toppers.
3. The density indicates the degree of the foam mattress in one cubic foot. So the higher is the density, the greater it supports your body and the respond of body temperature. It is more durable also than those lesser dense foam. Four pounds and up is usually used for people with joint pains and body pains. Consequently, those who do not have any orthopedic problems prefer three pounds of density.
4. There two different types of mattress toppers: latex and memory foam. The former topper is from the rubber trees where it uses the pure sap having the product in natural and biodegradable. Also it is springy. On the contrary, the latter type of foam, memory foam, is a polyurethane product that is acquired from petroleum. Memory foam is however, stiff. Both provides a great pleasure of comfort and brings support to shoulders, limbs and any part of the bodies regardless of the material. Both also are hypoallergenic in a natural way and insusceptible to any dust and mites.
5. Though it is mentioned that it is hypoallergenic there are still instances that it could attract dusts and stains easily. For this reason, it is recommended that an additional cover is required. The cotton cover must be 100% to provide the best sleeping comfort. It helps the foam tear easily also. Take a look at this link http://www.ehow.com/how_2279589_pick-mattress-topper.html for more information.